Sunday, May 11, 2008

End of the Year

There's three weeks left to the school year, and there's a little secret I'm going to let everyone in on: Teachers count down and look forward to the end of the year as much as students. If not more so. 

This year has been a tough one for me. It's Year Five, which is that mythical year that makes you or breaks you. I scoffed at this, thinking that I was beyond that. 

I was not. There were points where I was willing to walk out and never return. Points where I was willing to quit the profession and move back in with my parents. But I got beyond that and have signed up for a Year Six. 

All it takes is one student saying a kind word. Saying how much they appreciate the job I'm doing, or even just saying that I'm cool. 

And so I've embraced the insanity. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are cool big sis! you are stronger than i could ever be so i know that you have what it takes!