Sunday, May 25, 2008

Mom's Scrapbook

My mom has a few childhood pictures that had been languishing in a drawer. In fact, they were missing for quite some time. She swore that they weren't in the drawer, but after digging through a pile of our K-Mart portraits and yearbook photos, I found her christening photos. Yay! I can put them in a book! 

As I mentioned in a previous post, I don't scrapbook, and I didn't think that the old black and white photos were good to cut-up. I like the white borders around the edges and thought they would be off-set nicely by one of those old-fashioned photo albums with the black pages. I even had two that were languishing in my own drawer, waiting for the perfect pictures. 

And then my sister came through for me. She bought my mom this beautiful keepsake box: 


My cat has even endorsed it, so much so, that I have to put the box in another box to prevent a clawing disaster. 

And inside the box is a family tree, and a photo album. Pretty! 


And yup, that's my mom, striking a pose on the cover. It's a gorgeous book with cream (not black) pages, but it was too pretty not to use, and that's what Kate intended it be used for. Now, mom had it for a few weeks and didn't do anything with them, so I took the bull by the horns and did it myself. And there are probably a few mistakes, like this one: 


Yeah, it says Katherine Cook. Let's just pretend I did this before last weekend's wedding, shall we? 

No comments: